Our mission is to provide the best possible care for your child with a gastrointestinal problem. We specialize in taking a holistic approach to your child’s health, integrating medical, nutritional and psychological considerations.
- Office Consultations
- Ongoing medical care
- Inpatient consultation
- Second opinions
- Breath tests to evaluate for lactose, fructose, and sucrose intolerance or bacterial overgrowth
- Nutrition evaluation and treatment through Feed To Succeed
- Psychological services though Primary Care Psychology Associates, LLC (PCPA)
- Feeding Clinic with Speech/Feeding therapist from Assential Therapies, Inc.
- Allergic bowel disorders
- Abdominal pain
- Cystic fibrosis
- Celiac disease
- Cyclic vomiting
- Esophagitis (reflux and eosinophilic)
- Feeding problems
- Failure to thrive
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- GI bleeding
- H. pylori
- Inflammatory bowel disease (including Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Poor growth
- Upper endoscopy with biopsies.
- Colonoscopy with biopsies: Performed by one of Dr Nelson’s colleagues at Lurie Children’s.
- Polypectomy: Performed by one of Dr Nelson’s colleagues at Lurie Children’s.
- pH probe interpretations
- Breath tests for lactose, sucrose and fructose intolerance and bacterial overgrowth.